Thanks to a specially organised conference session, visitors to the PLASA Show (Earls Court, September 9th-12th) will get a rare chance to see what happened ‘Backstage at the London 2012 Ceremonies’.
The session, which is chaired by Technical Director Piers Shepperd, will provide an overview of the staging, flying, audio, AV and special effects behind the London 2012 Olympic Ceremonies.
The panel line-up includes:
- Piers Shepperd – Technical Director
- Jeremy Lloyd – Technical Manager – Technical Design and Staging
- James Lee – Technical Manager – Aerial & Closing Ceremonies
- Nick Jones – Technical Manager – Lighting AV and Power
- Scott Buchanan – Technical Manager – Services and Special Projects
- Chris Ekers – Senior Production Manager – Audio & Comms
PLASA CEO Matthew Griffiths commented:
“Summer 2012 has provided PLASA Members, London and the UK with a unique platform on which to showcase their credentials as one of – if not the – leading creative industries in the world. The Olympics Uncovered programme has been created to celebrate our industry’s contribution to this monumental occasion with a series of fascinating educational sessions. Book now to avoid disappointment!”.
The only downside is that the PLASA Show clashes with IBC in Amsterdam, so many people who work in TV, film and other media-focused industries will miss out.